- Resort attractions include body slides, tube slides and family raft rides.the child has fun in pool image by Taiga from Fotolia.com
Travelers who are looking for more than a traditional hotel for their next vacation may want to book their stay at one of the many waterpark resorts. Within Columbus, Cincinnati and Sandusky, there are a variety of themed resorts to enhance any family vacation. The waterpark resorts allow guests to experience unique settings, including a tropical retreat, a step back in time to the old West or an authentic African surrounding. Each of the resorts provides a variety of amenities and exciting water activities that are sure to entertain guests of all ages.
- Castaway Bay, located in Sandusky, is an official resort of Cedar Point amusement park. The tropical-themed resort provides 237 guest rooms, including family-size suites. In the resort, visitors will find a 38,000-square-foot indoor waterpark, a fitness center, a day spa, a state-of-the-art arcade, and activity centers for children as well as three restaurants and retail shops. The Castaway Bay park features a wave pool, toddler play area, three large body tube slides, a 520-foot-long water roller coaster and family funhouse. Admission to the park is included for guests of the resort. Day passes to the park and discount tickets to Cedar Point are also available for purchase at the front desk.
2001 Cleveland Road
Sandusky, OH 44870
CoCo Key Water Resorts
- Hotels in Cincinnati and Newark, near Columbus, include on-site access to Coco Key Water Resorts. There is a waterpark resort located within the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati North Hotel and the Cherry Valley Lodge in Newark. Guests of the Fairfield Inn Cincinnati North are also able to access the Cincinnati waterpark via an indoor walkway. Each of the 50,000-square-foot waterparks maintain a sunny, 84-degree climate and provide hours of fun for the entire family. CoCo Key Water Resort features large water slides, an adventure floating river, activity pools, whirlpools and the Parrot's Perch interactive children's area. Admission to CoCo Key Water Resort is included with your stay or you may purchase day or annual passes at the hotel front desk.
CoCo Key Water Resort -- Cincinnati
11320 Chester Road
Cincinnati, OH 45246
CoCo Key Water Resort -- Newark
2299 Cherry Valley Road
Newark, OH 43055
- Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, located in Columbus, is a Wild-West-themed family destination that includes a 60,000-square-foot park. The park includes 12 water rides, a lazy river, an activity pool,and a 30-person hot tub for adults. Children of all ages will enjoy the Rascal round Up, which is a 40-foot tall interactive water play tower with four slides, cannons and a giant tipping bucket. There is also a children's area that features two kiddie slides and a shallow zero-entry pool. Guest accommodations at Fort Rapids include 277 guest rooms and 60 suites. Villa suites, Jacuzzi suites and kids bunk bed rooms are just some of the special accommodations available. In addition to the water activities, guests are able to visit Old Tyme Photography to dress up for an olden days family photo, mine for gold at Cold River Mining or play some games at the Gold Rush Arcade. Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort also features a conference and meeting center.
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
4560 Hilton Corporate Drive
Columbus, OH 42323
Great Wolf Lodge - Sandusky
- The family indoor waterpark resort, Great Wolf Lodge, has 12 locations throughout North America, including two in Ohio. Sandusky is home to one location, which offers wilderness-themed rooms and family suites. The indoor park features activities for the entire family, including Fort Mackenzie, a four-story tree house with spray stations, suspension bridges and soaker buckets. There are also two three-story body slides, a tube slide, activity pools and a lazy river for floating. If you would like a break from the water, Great Wolf Lodge provides other activities such as story time, the Cub Club children's activity center and the Northern Lights Arcade.
Great Wolf Lodge -- Sandusky
4600 Milan Road (U.S. Route 250)
Sandusky, OH 44870
Great Wolf Lodge - Mason
- Located directly next to Kings Island amusement park, Great Wolf Lodge in Mason provides family accommodations and recreational activities for guests of all ages. While at the indoor waterpark, guests are able to conquer Fort Mackenize, a four-story water tree house, lounge in the lazy river, take a plunge on one of the water slides, or ride the waves in the Slap Tail Pond wavepool. For the adventurous, the park also features Hydroplunge, a water roller coaster and The Triple Twist water slide, which launches guests down a five-story drop and through a series of funnels. Additional activities at Great Wolf Lodge include MagiQuest, a live-action adventure game, an arcade, a spa and a Scoops Kids Spa, which caters to children between the ages of four and 12 years old.
Great Wolf Lodge -- Mason
2501 Great Wolf Drive
Mason, OH 45040
- The largest indoor waterpark in the United States is at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky. It is an African-themed hotel that features a 173,000-square-foot indoor waterpark and a 77,000-square-foot seasonal outdoor waterpark, along with plenty of other first-class amenities. Kalahari Resort provides nearly 900 guest rooms, which include large family suites and condo suites. A full-service spa and salon, retail shops, several dining options, indoor and outdoor dry playgrounds, an arcade, a miniature golf course and fitness center are also available inside of the resort. Other activities include a safari animal park and an outdoor adventure zone which are available at additional cost.
The indoor waterpark at Kalahari Resort boasts 10 adult-size water slides, including a water roller coaster, body slides, tube slides, vortex bowl slides and family raft rides. There are also two Flowriders that create an ocean-like wave for year round surfing and boogie boarding. With children's play areas, a water basketball zone, wavepool, lazy river and indoor tanning deck, Kalahari Resort offers water activities to suit every member of your family. During the summer months, the outdoor waterpark provides activity pools, hot tubs, a sand volleyball court and more.
7000 Kalahari Drive
Sandusky, OH 44870