- 1). Select a color on the color chart that you want to achieve.
- 2). Select a base paint color similar to the color you want to achieve. If you do not have the color you need, start with white paint.
- 3). Lighten a paint color by mixing in white paint. Pour the white into the existing paint, stirring it constantly with a paint stick until you achieve the level of lightness that you need. It may take quite a bit of white paint to lighten your paint.
- 4). Darken paint by adding some gray or black paint to it. Black should be used when trying to darken a deeper color, and gray for lighter colors. Stir the paints together with the paint stick until you get the desired tone.
- 5). Intensify a paint color by adding more of the base color. If you are trying to liven up a tan paint, try adding more orange or yellow to it. To brighten a pale blue, add more blue.
- 6). Decrease the intensity or tone down a paint color by adding its opposite color to it. This would be a color on the color wheel that sits directly across from it.
- 7). Alter the hue of a color by adding warm or cool tones. Yellow added to green will create a warm hue; blue added to green will create a cool hue.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us