- 1). Slide the gas block (from the parts kit) onto the barrel. Use the hammer-and-drift punch to tap it into position.
- 2). Reach into the gas-block passage with the scratch awl. Tap the handle of the awl to mark the barrel.
- 3). Tap the gas block back off the barrel. Place the center punch on the scribed mark and strike it with the hammer to deepen the mark.
- 4). Measure 1/4 inch up from the tip of the drill bit, and wrap tape around the bit to mark the drilling depth. Place the drill bit into the drill-press chuck. Tighten the chuck.
- 5). Clamp the barrel into the drill-press vise so the mark on the barrel is under the drill bit. Tilt the drill-press table 45 degrees so the chamber end of the barrel is higher than the muzzle.
- 6). Squirt cutting oil on the bit. Switch the drill press on and slowly advance the bit to drill a hole in the barrel on the mark. Stop when you reach the taped depth mark on the bit.
- 7). Remove the barrel and clean it with the cleaning rod, bore brush and solvent.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us