Make cutout bowling pins by tracing a master bin on white tag board. Then cut the pin vertically down the middle and write a beginning sound (S, P, ch...) on the left side and an ending sound on the right side (e.g. at, ing, ad...).
Lay all the pins on a table and ask the kids to build words. Once they build a word they show it to the adult at the table, and if they can read it, they get to write the word up on the board.
Have the kids write the words they build on the board and then count them at the end of each rotation station.
Have the kids build as many words as they can in 15 minutes.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us