- Flaunt your beautifully tanned legs with a few simple steps.legs image by Leticia Wilson from Fotolia.com
With fashions calling for bare legs and short skirts, flaws that once might have gone unnoticed under pantyhose are glaringly obvious. But you don't need to run to the plastic surgeon to proudly flaunt your legs. A few home treatments can give you legs that look tanned and blemish-free.
- Moisturize thoroughly to make your legs look their best. To make the most out of your body cream, start by taking a shower.
While in the water, exfoliate your skin thoroughly so you remove the top flakes and show off the healthier skin underneath.
Wash your legs with a cream oil body washes. Cleaning can remove the natural oils from the skin, but using a cream oil body wash adds moisture, making it looking younger and healthier
Once you have stepped out of the shower, moisturize with a rich cream before drying off the water. This maximizes the hydration for your skin.
- Use a self-tanner to hide blemishes, even out your skin tone and give your legs a healthy glow. Shave or wax your leg before applying self-tanner since removing the hair can also get rid of your new tan. Exfoliate as well to remove any surface flaking so the self-tanner leaves even color everywhere on your legs.
- Use a cover-up on your legs to hide spider veins or other blemishes. Choose a concealer that is specially designed for use on the body instead of the face, since the cover-up needs to have a thick consistency to effectively hide veins.
If your entire leg needs some extra help, use foundation designed for the body to cover you from your foot on up.
- Add a layer of powder to give your legs that extra sparkle. If you have white legs, use a powder with a silvery finish. If your skin is darker, a golden powder will be most flattering.