- 1). Clean the floor with an appropriate cleaner for your type of wood floor. There are a number of wood floor cleaners on the market, so follow the label instructions on your particular cleaner. This should get rid of all of the feces smell, but if your pet urinated, the floor may still smell like urine. If so, proceed to the next step.
- 2). Sprinkle baking soda on the smelly area and wait overnight. Next, vacuum up the baking soda. If the pet odors are still present in the wood floor, proceed to the next step.
- 3). Spray the floor with white vinegar and repeat this step every day for four to five days. After testing the vinegar in an unseen area, you may learn it does damage the finish. If you decide to proceed, you will need to repair that section of the floor.
- 4). Sand the floor to remove any remaining odors, or call in a professional to get rid of the smell for you. To sand the floor, use steel wool and rub it in the same direction as the wood's grain. If the urine has penetrated deeper into the wood, use a rough-grit sandpaper, followed by fine-grit sandpaper. Use mineral spirits to clean up the area, and then finish the floor with a polyurethane or varnish that best matches the floor's color.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Torwin's Home Makeover With The Simple Installation Of Windows And Doors In Toronto
- Persians and Orientals - Fine Rug Cleaning
- Plumbing Tips and Tricks
- How to Remodel Tubs & Showers
- The Types of Maintenance Oils for Air Compressors
- Replacement Windows Stafford | 8 Frequently Asked Questions For Replacement Windows Stafford
- Making A Homemade Compost Bin Allows You To Refine Your System
- How to Trim Okra Leaves
- How to Landscape With Bamboo
- Lawn mower repairs Sydney – possible and affordable
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us