Download Music from LimeWire to iPod/iPhone
- 1). Launch LimeWire and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the interface, then chose "Options."
- 2). Press the "Search" tab and then click on "Filter File Extensions" button. Type ".mp3" next to the "Add Extension" option. Then press the "Add Extension" button. Select "remove" next to all other file extension types that are not MP3. Now only iPod-compatible MP3 files will be downloaded to your computer.
- 3). Press the "All" button in your main LimeWire interface and select "Audio" from the drop-down menu to search for audio files. Then enter in the artist name, song title or album name you want to download in the corresponding search field at the top of the interface. Press the search icon.
- 4). Click on a song in the results list that you want to download, confirm the download. The song will then download and then add itself to your iTunes library.
- 5). Launch iTunes. Then connect your iPod or iPhone to your computer using the USB sync cable.
- 6). Select the "Music" option in the Library menu on the left column of the interface. Find the song you donwnloaded from LimeWire. Select that song, and with your mouse, drag and drop that song into a playlist listed under your device name (e.g., Jessica's iPod) in the left column. Your music will automatically sync to your iPod or iPhone.
Downloading Music from LimeWire to Flash-Based MP3 player
- 1). Launch LimeWire. Press the "All" button in your main LimeWire interface and select "Audio" from the drop-down menu to search for audio files. Then enter in the artist name, song title or album name you want to download in the corresponding search field at the top of the interface. Press the search icon. Once the song has downloaded, it will save to your "Saved" folder in your "My Documents" folder unless you have specified differently.
- 2). Connect your flash-based MP3 player, like Zen or Sansa MP3 players, to your computer using the device's USB cable.
- 3). Click on your start menu and select "My Computer." Your My Computer folder lists all of your computer's drives and external devices currently connected to your computer. Double-click on the icon that represents your MP3 player.
- 4). Find the "Music" folder inside.
- 5). Locate your "Saved" (or other folder that you specified for LimeWire to download to) and double-click to open it. Right-click on the music file you want to download. Then select "Copy." Go back to your "Music" folder inside your device. Right-click in an empty space within the folder and select "Paste." Your music from LimeWire has now downloaded to your MP3 player.