- 1). Empty the closet of clothing, hangars, shoes and other items. Turn on the closet light so you can see what you're doing, and put on a dust mask to avoid breathing cedar sawdust.
- 2). Starting at the top of the closet and working down, sand the cedar lining with 320-grit, fine sandpaper. Don't be afraid to put on some pressure. The sandpaper will remove the top, oxidized layer of cedar, exposing fresh, fragrant wood underneath.
- 3). Wipe off the dust with a damp cloth, working from the top down. Dust any shelves where particles may have fallen. Sweep the dust from the floor with a broom and dustpan and discard.
- 4). Take sniff when the surface is dry. If the scent of cedar is not strong enough, pour a small amount of cedar oil onto another clean cloth and wipe it over the surface, rubbing it in as you go. Restock the closet with all the items you've removed.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us