- 1). Empty the closet of clothing, hangars, shoes and other items. Turn on the closet light so you can see what you're doing, and put on a dust mask to avoid breathing cedar sawdust.
- 2). Starting at the top of the closet and working down, sand the cedar lining with 320-grit, fine sandpaper. Don't be afraid to put on some pressure. The sandpaper will remove the top, oxidized layer of cedar, exposing fresh, fragrant wood underneath.
- 3). Wipe off the dust with a damp cloth, working from the top down. Dust any shelves where particles may have fallen. Sweep the dust from the floor with a broom and dustpan and discard.
- 4). Take sniff when the surface is dry. If the scent of cedar is not strong enough, pour a small amount of cedar oil onto another clean cloth and wipe it over the surface, rubbing it in as you go. Restock the closet with all the items you've removed.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Choosing A Speargun For Use In The UK
- "Where the Wild Things Are" Photo: James Gandolfini
- Learning Objectives for Second Grade English
- Spend Less Around The House With Small Changes,fabric
- What You Need To Know Before You Buy Playstation 3 Console
- How to Get the Best World of Warcraft Gear
- The 25 Raddest Slasher Movies of All Time
- Is caffeine good or bad for me?
- How to Identify the Transition Metals
- Lord Voldemort - "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us