- 1). Look up your state and local laws regarding seagrass preservation. Some states have laws against the killing of seagrass while others prohibit the killing of seagrass only in certain locations, such as nature preserves. Find out the state and local laws before acting against the seagrass. State laws can usually be found on the state website or on the websites of local parks, nature preserves or aquatic wildlife preserves. The local Department of Conservation or Department of Fisheries will usually have the information either on the state website under the Department's sections or in the local offices.
- 2). Shade the area where seagrass is not wanted. Seagrass needs plenty of light for good growth. When shaded, the light reaching the seagrass is not enough for optimal growth conditions and eventually the seagrass in the shaded area will die. Depending on the location, shade can be added by planting trees or planting aquatic plants. Most cases will require aquatic plants, such as algae, to provide shade. Place the algae in the area where the plants need shading and provide nutrients in the form of fertilizers so that the algae will grow and shade the seagrass.
- 3). Add aquatic herbicides to the water. Seagrass is delicate, so most non-specific aquatic herbicides will kill it. Keep in mind that the herbicides can kill other aquatic plants as well and shouldn’t be used unless killing all of the plants in the water is the ultimate goal. Though application varies slightly based on the species of grasses, most should have the herbicide applied during early spring before the spring and summer growing seasons.
- 4). Pull the seagrass out of the water. Seagrass will die if pulled up.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us