- 1). Make a note of the population size for your poll, such as 500, which is expressed as "n."
- 2). Determine the confidence level for your poll or z-score. A confidence level of 95 will have a z-score of 1.96. This is also the standard deviation of 95 percent.
- 3). Convert the percentage of people you anticipate taking the poll to a decimal. If you expect at least 50 percent of the population to take the poll, the resulting decimal is 0.50. This is the sample size.
- 4). Subtract 0.50 from 1 for a result of 0.5. Multiply 0.50 by 0.50 for a result of 0.25, which is expressed as "v."
- 5). Calculate the square root of 0.25/500. Divide 0.25 by 500 on the calculator. Press the "Square Root" for a result of 0.00223606897.
- 6). Multiply 0.00223606897 by the standard deviation of 1.96 from Step 1 for a result of 0.0438. Move the decimal two spaces to the right and you will have a margin of error of 4.38 percent.
- 7). Repeat this process for another poll using a different population size and sample size.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Data Structures Assignment Help services for students
- How to Find The Right School for Your Child
- Alcatraz Island
- Find it! - Finden Sie es!
- A Proposal For The Calculation Of Wear
- Customer Care Training Courses
- Know Thy Enemy: A Guide to Successful AP English Literature Test Preparation
- Mother's Day Writing Activities for Kindergarten Students
- Colleges Near Westland, Michigan
- How to Teach Grammar to Adults
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us