- 1). Paint all the lumber components for the cubby storage bench. This includes four planks of 1 by 12 lumber, which will be the cubby dividers of the bench, two planks of 1 by 12 lumber for the top and base of the bench and a piece of 1/2-inch plywood measuring 18 by 49 inches for the back of the bench. Painting prior to assembly is much easier than painting once everything is put together.
- 2). Stand the top and bottom pieces up on a 1-inch edge, with 16 inches between them. Insert the cubby dividers in between the top and bottom. The dividers should be spaced 15 inches apart, with the outer two flush with the ends of the top and bottom planks to make corners.
- 3). Glue the divider planks in place, then set the bench in corner clamps while the glue dries.
- 4). Drill three pilot holes that are slightly smaller in size than 1 3/4-inch wood screws through the top and bottom planks into the each end of each divider plank. Secure the bench together with 1 3/4-inch wood screws through each of the pilot holes.
- 5). Fit the back panel of plywood over one side of the cubbies and secure in place with 1 3/4-inch wood screws through the plywood into the top and bottom of the bench, as well as the cubby dividers. The bench will stand 18 inches tall, with four cubby holes measuring 12 by 15 by 16 inches.
- 6). Fill all the screw hole tops with spackle and smooth over before letting it dry. Sand and then paint the spackled area to finish the cubby storage bench.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Law & Legal & Attorney" Categories
Stay With Us