- 1). Open Microsoft Excel. Click the "File" tab and select "Open," then browse to the spreadsheet and double click the file.
- 2). Click the "Insert" tab. Click "Shapes" in the "Illustrations" section.
- 3). Click the squiggly line "Scribble" tool in the "Line" section. The cursor changes to a pencil.
- 4). Position the cursor on the spreadsheet, then click and hold down the left mouse button and draw a signature of your first name with the Scribble tool. Release the left mouse button when finished. Repeat the process of clicking the "Shapes" button, selecting "Scribble" and clicking the cursor to draw your last name next to the first name box.
- 5). Change the signature color -- depending on your settings Excel's default may be light blue -- by clicking the new orange "Drawing Tools" tab at the top of the work area. Click the "Shape Outline" button. Click a small colored square, such as black or dark blue, to instantly change the color. Repeat for the last name and any further designations.
- 1). Open Microsoft Excel. Click the "File" tab, select "Open," browse to the spreadsheet and double click.
- 2). Click the "Insert" tab at the top of the work area. Click the "Picture" button in the "Illustrations" section.
- 3). Browse to the previously-created graphic file containing your signature. Double click the file name to add the signature image to your Excel spreadsheet.