- 1). Place the 2Wire modem as close to the phone plate as possible. Telephone cords do not provide much protection in shielding. Keep the phone cord as short as possible to get the best quality connection to your 2Wire modem, so that you can get the best reception outside of the modem.
- 2). Connect to the 2Wire router using a wired connection instead of over Wi-Fi. Connections directly through the wire will always give you better speed and lower latency. Keep the computer close to the router if a wireless connection is a must; avoid having doors or walls between the computer and the router.
- 3). Encrypt your router with a password. If your neighbors are able to access your Internet service because it is not protected, you will lose whatever speed they are using up. Use a password that is not easy to figure out -- the more complicated the better.
- 4). Update your browser software to the most current version or try a new browser. Different browsers are optimized to run different websites better. If you find that you are having trouble with a specific website, try accessing it using a different Web browser.
- 5). Close any programs that are running in the background and using up your Internet speed.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Tell a Guy You Like Him - 4 Tips to Say I Love You to Your Man
- Be Responsible For Your Online Dating Security On Afroromance
- How to Give Her the Greatest Orgasm Ever! An Absolute Must Know For Every Man
- How to Get Your Man Back and Keep Him Devoted to You for Good
- Dating - The Psychology Behind Dating Younger Women
- How To Give Your Girl Multiple Orgasms Tonight! Be The Best She Has Ever Had!
- Don"t Let Your Relationship Be a Boring One
- How to Use Herbs to Increase Sexual Satisfaction
- The Need for Netiquette When Connecting With People
- Why Online Dating is For Everyone - Online Dating Tips
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us