- 1). Collect some 6/0 thread. Use unithread for this project.
- 2). Choose a 4-12 hook when you make a bunny leach fly. A Mustad 79580 works well, or any hook of a similar size. Make sure the hook is a streamer hook.
- 3). Use a cone when you make a bunny leach fly. The cone head should be a gold medium.
- 4). Get a 1-inch piece of cross-cut rabbit strip to make the body of the bunny leach fly. You want the hair to go off the strip at an angle. Choose a regular piece of rabbit strip to make the tail. For some interest, use a chartreuse strip of rabbit fur here.
- 5). Attach two or three strands of Flashaboo on either side of the tail to add some color and flash to the bunny leach fly. Try to make this as interesting and irresistible a fly as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time