The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Kalamazoo K1000HT Hybrid Freestanding.
Imagine a grill virtually custom made for you. That's what Kalamazoo does and has been doing for about 100 years. This grill is probably the ultimate gas grill and at over $12,000USD it has to be. Every part of this grill from the 3/16 inch laser cut cooking grates to the hinges on the doors is custom made from 304 stainless steel.
The "dragon" burners are cast stainless, heavy and so beautiful you'll be showing them off. This grill also has a side mounted smoker system that actually works.
- Every part custom made for this grill
- Incredible heat output
- A built in smoker system that actually works
- Side burner large enough for a full sized wok
- Deep well grease drainage system
- Over $10,000
- Two dual control custom made cast stainless steel 50,000 BTU burners for four heat zones
- 864 square inches of primary grilling area
- 100,000 BTU primary output from the main burners plus 22,000 BTUs from the infrared sear burner
- 22,000 BTU infrared rear mounted rotisserie burner with cradle rotisserie system included
- 32,000 BTU side burner large enough for a full sized wok
- Custom laser cut 3/16 inch stainless steel sheet cooking grates
- Deep well grease collection system
- Integrated smoker box system on the side with its own ventilation system
- Fully redundant electronic ignition system
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction. Many parts cast stainless
Guide Review - Kalamazoo 900GS
Friends drop by for a little backyard cook out and the first thing you do is take them to look at the burners in your gas grill. Not likely? If you had this grill you would. This grill has so many features and such incredible construction it's hard to know where to begin. You get 100,000 BTUs in four cooking zones under 864 square inches of primary grilling space. Also under there is a 22,000 BTU infrared searing burner. On the back is a 22,000 BTU infrared rotisserie burner and a 32,000 BTU side burner. That's 176,000 BTUs if you turned everything on. That would empty a 20 pound propane tank in about two hours. Of course if you are getting this grill you'll want it in a custom enclosure and go with the natural gas option.
What makes this gas grill really great isn't all these features though. It's the hinges on the doors. Custom made stainless steel hinges that were made for this grill. Every part of this grill from the burners to the bolts is custom made. You can even get you name laser cut into the cooking grates which are massive. The grill has interchangeable grates for all kinds of grilling from meat to vegetables and even a solid plate for griddle cooking. The stainless steel is of the highest quality and some parts are even better, 316 marine grade stainless.
If you've got the money, give these guys (nice guys at that) a call and they will build a grill specifically for you. So not only would you get the best grill on the market, but the only one of its kind.