- 1). Plug the Mini's power cable into the power port located on the back of the Mini to the far left. Plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- 2). Plug the wired keyboard's USB cable into any available USB port on the back of the Mac Mini. Plug the wired mouse's USB cable into another available USB port on the back of the Mini. Connect the monitor's HDMI or MiniDisplay cable into the HDMI or MiniDisplay port on the back of your Mini. Use the instructions that came with your monitor to connect its power cable and plug it into a power outlet. Switch the monitor on.
- 3). Press the "Power" button on the back of your Mac Mini to turn on the computer. Insert the batteries into the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, using the instructions that came with each device, and power both of them on.
- 4). Click the "System Preferences" icon located on the dock at the bottom of the screen once the computer presents the desktop. The System Preferences icon is often located next to the Stickies icon. The name of the icon will appear if you move your mouse cursor over the icons on the dock, using the wired mouse. Alternatively, click the "Apple" icon in the upper-left corner of the desktop screen and select "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu. The Systems Preferences window will appear on the screen.
- 5). Click the "Bluetooth" icon in the Internet & Wireless section of the System Preferences window, and click the checkboxes next to "On" and "Discoverable" to enable Bluetooth on the Mac Mini.
- 6). Click the "Set up New Device" button in the Bluetooth window to run the Bluetooth Setup Assistant program, and wait for the Mini to detect your Bluetooth-capable keyboard and mouse. When it does, the names of the devices will appear on the screen in the discovered devices list.
- 7). Click the name of a device in the discovered devices list, and choose "Continue" to proceed with the setup. Wait for the computer to pair with each Bluetooth device. When you've paired both devices, close the Bluetooth Setup Assistant and Bluetooth preferences windows by clicking on the red buttons in the top left corner of each window.
- 8). Unplug the USB keyboard and mouse cables. The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are now ready to be used with the Mini.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us