- 1). Make the flat sheet. Use a piece of fabric that has been cut to be 78-by-42 inches. Fold the edges over 1/2 inch. Pin the material every 2 inches to secure it, then stitch it with a sewing machine and matching colored thread. Stitch twice for added strength and durability. Remove the pins.
- 2). Make the pillow case. Use the two pieces of fabric cut to be 30-by-20 inches. Place them together evenly, pattern sides in and facing each other. Fold one end and both sides over 1/2 inch. Secure using common pins every 2 inches. Stitch using a sewing machine and matching colored thread. Stitch twice for added strength. Remove the pins.
Fold the edges of the top opening out 1/2 inch and secure with pins. Stitch a hem on each side, being careful not to stitch the opening closed. Remove the pins. Turn the pillow case right side out.
- 3). Make the comforter. Use the two pieces of fabric that are 100-by-60 inches and the batting that is the same size. Lay all three sheets together evenly with the batting in the middle and the two pieces of fabric on the outside, pattern side out. Begin at a top corner and fold the three layers of fabric over 1/2 inch once, then again. Secure with pins, inserting one every 3 inches. Do this around the entire comforter.
Sew the pieces together with a sewing machine and matching colored thread. Make your stitches on the right side of the common pins. Remove the pins. The edge will be neat and secure. You can also stitch lines every 1 to 2 feet width-wise to help keep the layers together when the comforter is washed.
- 4). Make the dust ruffle. Use a piece of fabric that has been cut to be 78-by-42 inches. Lay it out on your work surface pattern side down. Starting on an end corner, put the edge of the 12-inch-wide lace on the edge of the fabric. Insert pins 1/2 inch in from the edge every 2 inches. Do this for both ends and for one side. Stitch on the left side of the pins with a sewing machine and matching colored thread. Stitch twice for extra strength. Remove the pins.
- 5). Lift the mattress and put the dust ruffle on the daybed. Replace the mattress. Put the fitted sheet on the daybed and add the top sheet. Add a pillow with the new pillowcase. Spread the comforter on the bed evenly.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us