- 1). Cut the melt-and-pour glycerin into 1-by-1 inch squares with a sharp knife by following the pressed lines on the surface. Cut three squares of glycerin for each bar of soap. If the soap base does not have pressed lines on the surface, use a ruler to measure 1 by 1 inch, and mark as many squares as you need with a sharp knife before cutting.
- 2). Place the cut glycerin into a glass pan over the stove top. Turn the heat on medium-low and stir constantly with a wooden or plastic utensil until the glycerin has melted completely. This can take several minutes. Be prepared for the next steps once the soap is melted, since it begins to harden quickly.
- 3). Turn off the heat, but leave the pan on the burner. Quickly add 2 to 3 drops of soap or candle color per bar of soap and stir to combine. Adjust until you get the color you desire. Mix colors, if you like, such as red and blue to get purple.
- 4). Add 2 to 3 drops of essential oil of choice per bar of soap you're making. Choose an essential oil based on your skin type. Lavender is a good choice for normal to dry skin, tea tree or peppermint for oily or acne-prone skin. Rose geranium or neroli essential oil is ideal for sensitive skin.
- 5). Stir to combine all the oils, and add 1/2 tsp. dried herbs of choice per bar of soap. Dried herbs are optional and can be left out if you don't like plant material in your bars of soap. However, they can lend additional healing properties to the soap and a little extra scrubbing action. Stir again to combine herbs.
- 6). Pour the soap mixture into soap molds carefully. Allow the soap to harden for at least 4 hours, although overnight is preferable. Once hard, pop the bars of soap from the mold by turning it over and applying slight pressure to the bottom. Store in a cool, dry place until ready for use.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How To Get More For Your Money On Traffic Exchanges
- The Difference between Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Line of Credit
- 4 Things Britons Miss Most When They Move to Australia
- Good Career Choices - Maximize Your Chances of Making the Right Decision
- Offshoring Inc. | Philippines Outsourcing
- Establishment Of Buissness As Jewelery Designer
- Why Using Too Many Ads Can Ruin Your Website
- Beezid Reviews - Is Beezid legit or a scam?
- Corporate Merchandise Helps In Sales Generation
- Footwear and Sandals - Purchasing Ideas for Smart Individuals
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us