- 1). Fill a seed tray with potting soil, and sow the Mondell pine seeds directly onto the soil. Cover the seeds with just enough soil to keep them out of the light. Place a 1-inch layer of mulch over the soil.
- 2). Keep the seed tray at room temperature or warmer. Water the soil frequently to keep the soil moist, but do not allow it to become waterlogged. The seeds should sprout within 2 months.
- 3). Reduce the watering frequency and increase the amount of water once the Mondell pine seeds start to sprout. Allow the soil surface to become completely dry before watering, then water thoroughly to ensure the water gets down to the roots.
- 4). Remove the smaller Mondell pine seedlings from the seed tray to allow full sun between the remaining seedlings.
- 5). Select an outdoor planting site for Mondell pine trees. They grow best in areas where the lowest temperature during the year is between minus 20 and 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Mondell pine trees can tolerate poor soil so long as it has good drainage. These trees prefer neutral to slightly acidic soil.
- 6). Transplant the seedlings in the spring to the outside location when they are at least 6 inches tall. Water the seedlings with a least 1 inch of water per week during the growing season. Mondell pine trees should fully establish their root system in the first two growing seasons.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us