- 1). Hook one end of a tie down chain to the side of a trailer. Pull the chain over or through the load you need to secure. Hook the other end of the chain to the other side of the trailer.
- 2). Pull the slack of the chain to an area accessible from ground level.
- 3). Slide one hook of the ratchet binder to a link of the tie down chain. Pull the slack in the chain to form a U. Slide the second ratchet binder hook to the last link of the chain past the U in the chain.
- 4). Flip the direction switch of the ratchet binder to "Tighten." Pull the handle towards you until you hear a click. Push the handle away from you and repeat the process. Continue pumping the handle until the tie down chain pulls the chain tight.
- 5). Flip the direction switch to "Loosen." Push the handle away from you to loosen the ratchet binder.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time