- The most potent remedy for sinusitis is eating a clove of garlic, which releases its bacteria-killing substance. Take garlic after a meal with a full glass of water to prevent stomach upset.
- Take 500 milligrams of vitamin C every couple of hours daily until the infection is cured. This increases the immune system's power to fight bacteria. If harmless diarrhea develops, cut down the dosage.
- The supplement NAC (N-acetylcysteine) is a form of the amino acid cysteine that liquefies mucus so it can drain from the sinus passages.
- Goldenseal is an herb that kills bacteria and stimulates sinus drainage. It's available in capsules or tincture form, and helps to cure sinus infections.
- Colloidal silver is a liquefied form of silver that acts as a powerful natural antibiotic. Place this liquid into a nasal spray bottle and use squirts in the nose daily until the infection is gone, not to exceed three days according to experts.