- 1). Choose a space for your reading nook. You will need at least enough room for a chair and a small table, shelf, nightstand or ottoman. You may need to rearrange or remove some of the furniture already in the room to create your reading nook in the spot you want.
- 2). Select a comfortable chair. You can use a chair that you already own or purchase a new one. Make sure the chair is comfortable enough for you to sit in for long periods of time.
- 3). Place the chair in the area you have chosen for your reading nook.
- 4). Place a small table, bookcase, nightstand or ottoman next to the chair. This will give you somewhere to place a lamp and decorative item, as well as cups, eyeglasses and extra books. Experiment with different positions and angles of the chair and table until you have them arranged in a way that appeals to you.
- 5). Add lighting to the space. You may want to experiment with overhead lighting, wall sconces, table or floor lamps or a combination of these. New York Real Estate suggests choosing adjustable lighting options, such as three-way light bulbs, that allow you to increase or decrease the amount of light as needed.
- 6). Decorate the space to your taste. Hang pictures on the wall, or place candles, plants or other decorative items you enjoy on the table or shelves, suggests New York Real Estate. Also include items that increase your comfort such as a pillow and a soft blanket, quilt or throw.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us