- 1). Set your gutter budget. The price varies significantly based on the details of the gutter system, so you'll want to know what you can afford before you start looking.
- 2). Decide if you want to install the gutter system yourself or have a professional handle the work. A professional installation adds labor costs to the job, so factor that in when you create your budget.
- 3). Decide if you want a sectional gutter system or seamless gutters. Seamless gutters are only available with professional installation, so if you want to do it yourself, you'll have to select sectional gutters. Sectional gutter systems come in pieces with connectors and end caps.
- 4). Choose the material you want for the gutter system. Aluminum, galvanized steel and vinyl are the most common options. Copper and stainless steel gutters are also available but cost significantly more than other options.
- 5). Assess the thickness of the metal. The thicker the metal, the better the gutters hold up to the elements and normal wear. Thicker metals also add cost to the gutter project, so decide what you can comfortably afford.
- 6). Consider the shape of the gutters. The options include a U shape or K shape. Both function in the same way with the main difference being visual.
- 7). Consider the size of the gutters and downspouts. Gutters are available with 4-inch, 5-inch or 6-inch diameters. Downspouts are available in 2-inch by 3-inch or 3-inch by 4-inch sizes. The larger the downspout, the less likely leaves will clog the pipe.
- 8). Choose the gutter color. You can choose the same color as the house if you want the gutters to blend or a contrasting color if you want to add a splash of color to the home.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Real Estate Auctioneers Sydney Discuss Advantages for Buyers and Sellers
- The Refreshing Fragrance of Giorgio Armani
- How Long Can A Trade In Forex Last
- What is Preselling Affiliate Products and Why Should You Care?
- Running a Successful EBook Business
- Clients Are Confident In The Results Of A Marine Accident Investigation Performed By STA
- Small Business Investment Act
- How To Negotiate A Flexible Work Schedule
- Staying Entertained on Owner Driver Jobs
- Online Stock Trading - Research and Limit
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us