- 1). Visit USCIS homepage to download Form N-565 (see Resources).
- 2). Complete the N-565 form by typing directly into it, making sure to answer all questions. If a question does not apply to your case, type “N/A.”
- 3). Print the completed N-565.
- 4). Get two identical 2 x 2 inches color photographs taken of you.
- 5). Find the original copy of your Certificate of Citizenship displaying your old name.
- 6). Make a copy of your marriage certificate, if your name change is based on marriage. If your name was changed by a court of law, make a copy of the court order.
- 7). Pay the Form N-565 processing fee by making a check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State.” As of April 2010, this fee is $380.
- 8). Mail your completed Form N-565 and supporting documents via certified mail to the USCIS Service Center that has jurisdiction over your state of residence.
If you live in OH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY, AK, AZ, CA, CO, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV or ND, mail your application to:
Nebraska Service Center
PO Box 87565
Lincoln, NE 68501-7565
If you are from NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, SC, OK, PA, PR, RI, TN, TX, VA, VI, VT, WV, AL, AR, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, KY, LA,MS, ME, MD or MA, send your application to:
Texas Service Center
PO Box 851182
Mesquite, TX 75185-1182
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Law & Legal & Attorney" Categories
Stay With Us