- 1). The Symbol ' % ' is read 'percent'. For example; 5 Percent, is written,
5%. The number 5 is not the same as 5%. to change 5 to a percent we must first multiply 5 'by 100', that is, 5'x100' = 500percent, which is 500%.
- 2). In general, to change any number to Percent, multiply that number by 100%. to change the Fraction ( 2/5 ) to a percent, multiply ( 2/5 ) by 100%. That is ( 2/5 )x 100% = ( 200%/5 ) = 40%.
- 3). To change a Decimal number to a Percent, multiply the Decimal number by 100%. That is to change 0.3575 to a Percent, multiply 0.3575 by 100% which is 0.3575 x 100% = 35.75%. Please note, that when any decimal number is multiplied by 100, simply move the decimal point to the right two digits from where it is positioned, and you would have accomplished the multiplication of that Decimal number by 100.
- 4). Given a whole number, such as 5,9,or 2 we do not see a Decimal point written in by the number, but the Decimal point is understood to be to the right of the number. for example, we could write 5 as 5.0 or 5.00 or 5.00000, the zero's can be considered as place holders. so if 5 is considered to be a decimal number we could write 5 as 5.00 and if we should change 5.00 to a percent we simply move the decimal point two places to the right and put the '%' symbol at the end of the number. That is 5.00 = 500%.
- 5). We can now look at a Number in three equivalent forms. A Fraction, a Decimal, or a Percent. That is the fraction, ( 3/5 ), is equivalent to the Decimal, 0.6, which is equivalent to the Percent 60%.
So ( 3/5/) = 0.6 = 60%.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us