- 1). Go to Google Maps. Then enter your address in the search engine. A map of where you live should pop up.
- 2). Zoom and pan the map to get to the area you want to cover in your map. Hit print, and then cancel the print. A larger version of the map will be on the screen. Click Print Screen on your keyboard.
- 3). Open Photoshop or some other graphics editor. It's best to use one like Photoshop that can handle layers. Create a new document. Photoshop will automatically make this new document the same size as your Print Screen capture. Paste the contents of the clipboard into the document. Use the selection and crop tools to remove everything in the image you don't want in the map.
- 4). Create a new layer above this one. Now use the Brush tool to paint in the streets, the house, trees, and so on, using the layer underneath as a template. Change the colors to suit what you are painting. Try to stress things that children might notice, like putting an image of a dog where there is a large dog is in a neighbor's yard, or the corner stop sign where they get picked up by the school bus.
- 5). Delete the original map layer, save your work, and print your new, simpler version of the map.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us