- 1). Measure and cut two shelves at 3/4 inch by 12 inches by 46 3/8 inches. Measure and cut two shelf supports. Cut the lower one at 3/4 inch by 12 inches by 46 3/8 inches and the upper one at 3/4 inch by 7 1/4 inches by 46 3/8 inches.
- 2). Measure and cut two side panels at 3/4 inch by 17 1/2 inches by 31 7/8 inches. Measure and cut two panels for the top and bottom at 3/4 inch by 17 1/2 inches by 47 7/8 inches.
- 3). Cut two tilt panels at 3/4 inch by 31 7/8 inches by 47 7/8 inches.
- 4). Mark a vertical line running down the middle of the lower shelf. Glue and nail the lower shelf support in place on this line. Mark a vertical line on the top shelf, running down the middle of the board. Glue and nail the upper shelf support in place.
- 5). Lay out the two side panels and mark a vertical line down the middle of the inside of each panel. Position the lower and upper shelves in place, so that the support shelves are positioned to be nailed to the top and bottom panels, leaving an open middle section. Glue and then nail them to the side panels.
- 6). Glue and nail the top and bottom pieces in place.
- 7). Turn the table over to the bottom and align the caster bases to each corner. Use lag screws to affix the casters on the outer edges and use carriage bolts on the inside edges.
- 8). Glue and nail edging strips to all exposed plywood edges. Let this dry completely and then sand it down.
- 9). Cut four 5-inch-square blocks from scrap lumber. Measure 5 inches in from each outer corner on the tilt panels. Glue and screw the blocks into place. Attach a pipe flange to the center of each block.
Tip the bench onto its side and attach a piano hinge to each side of the frame and to each tilt panel.
Twist the pipe flanges into position, and affix rubber feet on each one. Open up the tilt frames and lock the casters.
Sand the completed unit and apply a finish to protect the bench. Unscrew the legs to fold the bench and store it away.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us