- 1). Consider your academic and career goals. If you're interested in a career in international business and you want to work in Latin America, choose courses in Spanish, Latin American Business or other courses which relate to this career goal. Or if you want to start a public relations firm, take courses in marketing, media relations and public speaking.
- 2). Talk with your graduate school advisor. Tell her what your interests and career goals are and ask for suggestions on choosing the right electives track that will benefit your academic experience and help you build a successful career. If the advisor recommends you take a few art history courses because you plan to own a nonprofit arts organization for the purpose of providing funds to local art gallery owners, consider her advice.
- 3). Talk to professors and former students who took the electives you're interested in. If you want to take a course called Coffee Trade in the 21st Century, meet with the professor who teaches the course, and ask him about the goals of the course, what aspects of the coffee trade will be taught to students, what his career background is and how this course will benefit you in a future career within that industry. Also ask former students of this course if they benefited from it and what they didn't like about it.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us