- 1). Choose the colors for your screened porch that will give it the feeling you want. Colors often featured in country decorating include blues, reds, mauves and browns. Neutral browns and tans will give off a calm feeling, while red-hued items can elicit warmth. Consider using a neutral as a base, then adding other colors -- like blue in a gingham check -- to bring more country elements to the space. Think about throws, pillows and chair pillows when deciding on an accent color.
- 2). Add pottery to the room. Ceramic bowls and pottery are staples in country design. Place them on your tables or shelves, or sit a large bowl or piece of pottery on the floor. Substitute wooden bowls if desired.
- 3). Place rustic-looking objects throughout the porch, such as weathered wooden frames and furniture.
- 4). Hang a tapestry. Country decorating often incorporates richly colored tapestries on the walls or displayed on pieces of furniture, such as couches and chairs.
- 5). Place candles throughout the room. Candles give a rustic, natural-looking feel to the porch that is standard in most country-style rooms.
- 6). Hang ferns and other leafy plants in baskets from the ceiling to add a natural feel. Place large plants in decorative pots on the floor or accent the room with smaller potted plants. Use natural wood or pottery with hearts, roosters or flowers on them.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us