- 1). Choose the colors for your screened porch that will give it the feeling you want. Colors often featured in country decorating include blues, reds, mauves and browns. Neutral browns and tans will give off a calm feeling, while red-hued items can elicit warmth. Consider using a neutral as a base, then adding other colors -- like blue in a gingham check -- to bring more country elements to the space. Think about throws, pillows and chair pillows when deciding on an accent color.
- 2). Add pottery to the room. Ceramic bowls and pottery are staples in country design. Place them on your tables or shelves, or sit a large bowl or piece of pottery on the floor. Substitute wooden bowls if desired.
- 3). Place rustic-looking objects throughout the porch, such as weathered wooden frames and furniture.
- 4). Hang a tapestry. Country decorating often incorporates richly colored tapestries on the walls or displayed on pieces of furniture, such as couches and chairs.
- 5). Place candles throughout the room. Candles give a rustic, natural-looking feel to the porch that is standard in most country-style rooms.
- 6). Hang ferns and other leafy plants in baskets from the ceiling to add a natural feel. Place large plants in decorative pots on the floor or accent the room with smaller potted plants. Use natural wood or pottery with hearts, roosters or flowers on them.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us