- 1). Talk to your parents honestly about your boyfriend and focus on his positive qualities. The more you can talk up your boyfriend's successes and personality, the more likely your parents will be receptive to him.
- 2). Address your parents' questions and concerns honestly. Saying that your boyfriend is 18 when he's really 30 will turn your parents against him right away once they realize the deception. The more honest you are, the better the odds they'll respect your choices in who you date.
- 3). Schedule a meeting between your boyfriend and your parents. They'll need to meet him to form their own opinions and possibly to get over any prejudices they have.
- 4). Brief your boyfriend about your parents' personalities and what they do and don't respond well to. He should be well-dressed and respectful when he meets them. A bad first impression could be disastrous in your parents ever accepting him.
- 5). Express your feelings about your boyfriend to your parents if they continue to disapprove. If you sincerely love him and tell them so, they may be more willing to give him a chance to win their approval and be less critical.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Family & Relationships" Categories
Stay With Us