PCOS usually happen when the LH levels or the insulin levels are too high, Excessive insulin increase the secretion of androgen in the body. The excessive androgen level lead to excessive body hair growth, acne, occasionally baldness(androgenic alopecia), obesity, type II diabetes, hypertension and, Infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods even endometrial cancer.
PCOS affect the body as well as the mind too. Mood swing and depression are very common in these patients. When patients body work against the hormonal imbalance, they often find themselves frustrated and irritated. One of the most difficult aspect of PCOS is that it seriously affect your sexual life. Studies have shown that obesity and type II diabetes are strongly linked with PCOS.
Early diagnosis helps to prevent further complication; There are certain methods to identify the syndrome easily. Diagnosis of PCOS includes blood tests to measure hormone levels, Glucose tolerance test, and Pelvice examination, during which the doctor often identify the enlargement in the ovaries, that is typical with multiple cysts. Transvaginal or pelvic ultrasound provides visual representation of the ovaries that can confirm the diagnosis.
Birth control pills, diabetes Medications, fertility Medications, medicine for increased hair growth or extra male hormone are used for the treatment of this disease.
A healthy life style, that means healthy eating and daily exercise is very important to cure the disease. A regular exercise enhance the insulin tissue sensitivity. Ovarian drilling, a laparoscopic operation is the surgical treatment for the PCOS. In this operation the doctor makes tiny incisions in to the abdomen and with the help of laparoscopic instrument make small burn on the ovarian follicles. Ovarian drilling restores normal ovulation for a limited time. Electrolysis or laser hair removal can help to control the excessive hair growth. In take of these allopathic medications may cause some side effects. There are some PCOSAyurveda treatment as follows:
1. Bitter gourd and fenugreek are natural medicines for PCOS, it reduces blood glucose with increase insulin.
2. Lettuce is chromium rich food which helps to resistance diabetics which often associated with PCOS.
3. Cinnamon is good herbal medicines which help to increase insulin.
4. Sunflower seeds contains many nutrients that help to fight against polycystic overy syndrome.
5. Liquorice affects the body's endocrine system as it contains isoflavones, It helps to lower the amount of androgen in the body. Which helps to control excessive body hair growth and baldness (androgenic alopecia).