- 1). Shut down your personal computer if you are experiencing some kind of problem. If you cannot initiate a shut down through the operating system, then hold down the power button until the computer is off.
- 2). Restart the PC. Log in to Windows and check to see if the problem persists. For example, try clicking on applications like your Internet browser or your programs and see if they freeze up or take a long time to load. If you own anti-virus or anti-malware software, run it to check for viruses or bugs.
- 3). Unplug and replug any peripherals or network cables. For Internet connection problems, run your browser and follow the "diagnose connection problems" link directly on the page. Your computer will then check the status of your Internet connection. If there is no connection, turn your Internet modem off and then back on and do the same for your wireless router if you are on a laptop. If the problem persists, it could mean that your Internet provider is currently experiencing difficulties in your neighborhood; contact them for further information. It could also be a missing driver or networking problem on your PC.
- 4). Run the start up mode function. Most computer manufacturers install a function that when executed during a start up, will restore the PC to its original factory settings. For example, with Hewlett-Packard computers you initiate the start up mode function by pressing the FN key then the F8 key. This stops its operating system from automatically running and takes you to your PC's start up mode. Your PC will then ask you if you would like to back up your hard drive or proceed without doing so. Back up your hard drive. If you do not, your hard drive information will be wiped out completely.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Daswell Mobile Concrete Mixer With High Efficiency On Sale
- SEO Tools Reviewed - The Basics That You Should Invest In
- Do You Make These Common SEO Mistakes?
- Explaining Straightforward Plans For Chiropractic Care
- Know More Information About Airplane Ads
- imperative that you keep your eye on the important
- Most Excellent Ways to Advertise
- Make Money Online From Your Home
- Easy Email Marketing Techniques To Increase Your Traffic
- Advertising scenarios in different Indian cities
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us