- 1). Shut down the computer. Turn off the monitor and any other attached devices. Unplug the power cord from the wall, then disconnect the cord from the port on the rear panel of the computer case. Disconnect any other cables attached to the computer's ports. Press the power button. Move the computer to a clean desktop or table with at least two feet of open space.
- 2). Place the computer on its side, with the side panel located furthest from the power port facing upward. Examine the top and bottom panels of the case and find the buttons installed near the rear edge. Push the buttons and lift upwards to open the case. Push the case cover open as far as possible.
- 3). Inspect the front of the computer case and locate the drive bays. Find the two smaller drive bays and inspect the empty one. Locate the two green rails installed within the empty bay. Pull the rails upward and remove them from the bay. Locate the screws attached to the rails. Use these screws and a Phillips screwdriver to secure the rails to the sides of the new hard drive; position the rails such that the curved tabs are located at the rear of the drive.
- 4). Slide the new hard drive into the empty drive bay. Push the drive into the bay until the rails click into place. Trace the interface cable attached to the primary hard drive and find an unused connector. Plug the connector into the matching port on the new hard drive. Examine the cables leading from the power supply and find an unused cable. Plug the cable into the matching port on the new hard drive.
- 5). Close the case cover and push down its rear edge until the cover snaps into place. Return the computer to its original location. Reconnect any previously disconnected cables, including the power cable.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Armani Lunettes De Soleil Forme DiffÃ©Rente Qui Se Vantent De L"avant-Garde Semble
- The Average Sale Price of Homes
- How to Generate Traffic for Your Internet Marketing Business
- Loans for Unemployed â€“ Meet Your Dream Needs Even in Unfavorable Situation
- Little Company Loans Are Your Way To More Company Prospects
- Planning, Funding, Marketing and Implementing a Business? An Accountant suggests a Strategy
- John Thornhill Saved My Life!
- How to Compare Senior Living Communities
- Online Affiliate Marketing
- Understand The Best Way To Make Facebook Advertising Additional Successful
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us