- 1). Apply a tinted bonding primer to the shelf with a paintbrush. Choose a tint color that you like, because it will show through the crackled areas of the final paint coat. Allow this to dry for about 2 hours or until it is dry to the touch.
- 2). Apply a crackle medium over the layer of primer and allow it to dry completely. Read the label carefully to avoid letting it sit to dry for too long, as it can be less effective.
- 3). Apply a coat of eggshell finish latex paint over the crackle medium with a paintbrush. Paint the coat evenly and moderately to achieve an all-over consistent crackle pattern. Allow the paint to dry and crackle.
- 4). Spray the shelf with a clear coat polyurethane spray sealant. This will prevent flaking paint.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us