- 1). Apply a tinted bonding primer to the shelf with a paintbrush. Choose a tint color that you like, because it will show through the crackled areas of the final paint coat. Allow this to dry for about 2 hours or until it is dry to the touch.
- 2). Apply a crackle medium over the layer of primer and allow it to dry completely. Read the label carefully to avoid letting it sit to dry for too long, as it can be less effective.
- 3). Apply a coat of eggshell finish latex paint over the crackle medium with a paintbrush. Paint the coat evenly and moderately to achieve an all-over consistent crackle pattern. Allow the paint to dry and crackle.
- 4). Spray the shelf with a clear coat polyurethane spray sealant. This will prevent flaking paint.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us