- 1). Plug your electric guitar into the tuner's input jack. Some tuners will have both input and output jacks to connect to the guitar and amplifier or effects pedal at the same time, but to simply tune the guitar, the input socket is all you need. Many tuners are also equipped with a microphone which negates the need to plug it in, but sacrifices accuracy. This is fine for acoustic guitars, but for an electric, there is no reason not to plug it in.
- 2). Strike each open string starting with the bottom E. Depending on the type of tuner you're using, there will either be a display on the front with a needle that moves closer to the center as the guitar gets closer to being in tune, or a green light under each note that will come on when the string is tuned to the proper note. If the string is too low, the needle will point toward the left, or flat, side (indicated by a b symbol). If the string is too high, the needle will move to the right, or sharp side (indicated by a # symbol).
- 3). Tighten or loosen the tuning pegs based on the note indicated. For example, if your bottom E string is flat, you will need to tighten the peg and continue plucking the string until the needle falls in the middle or the indicator light under the proper note is green. Conversely, if the note is sharp, you will want to loosen the string until the electric guitar tuner exhibits that the string is in tune.
- 4). Repeat this process on the remaining five strings. Tuning by ear looks good, but you will find that using and electric guitar tuner is much easier, accurate and more practical, especially in a live performance.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Delph Fishing Charters: Fun & Frolic Fishing Experience
- The Top 3% of the People in the World!
- Toppings for Quinoa
- How to Cook Raw Pork Skins Crispy the Old Fashioned Way
- The Paper Bag That Has An Attribute To Carry On
- Men Weight Loss Pills - Fat Blockers - Carb Blockers - Or Fat Burners?
- Where to Donate Your Hair to Charity
- Halloween Safety Tips for Adults
- How to Store Your Coffee Beans
- Wall Wine Rack - The Perfect Solution For Wine Storage
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us