A research paper presents the results of your investigations on a selected topic.Based on your own thoughts and the facts and ideas you have gathered from a variety of sources, a research paper is a creation that is uniquely yours.The experience of gathering, interpreting, and documenting information, developing and organizing ideas and conclusions, and communicating them clearly will prove to be an important and satisfying part of your education.
Good research paper has to be well researched.The qualities of a prudent researcher and an excellent writer should be exemplified in your paper.Your ideas must be unambiguous.You should consider the outlook of your readers.
In effect, you must know that a lot of readers are of the aggressive type.Most of them will open your paper to look for where to challenge your research.You must therefore ensure that you have revised and edited your research paper very well.There is nothing wrong in making mistakes, but your inability to be able to detect these errors and make appropriate corrections to them is very wrong.This is what differentiates your paper from an ordinary research paper to a good one.
Below are ten steps leading to an excellent research paper:-
- Identify your topic - Appropriate topics are those that are relative to the Mission Statement and fit in with the general theme of the site.It is important for writers to choose a subject they are most interested in, since it gives them the curiosity and enthusiasm to research deeply hence realizing quality work.
- Get all the required information - This involves thorough research by the help of the proper sources.
- Analysis - This is the process of breaking a complex topic or substance into smaller parts to gain a better understanding of it.
- Take notes - While you collect the materials, jot down detailed origin lowdown (author's name, title, city along with date of issuing, issuer, numbers of pages, website addresses, creation/modification dates on web pages, along with your date of access) on the note paper, printed copy, or record the information on your computer for further use.
- Develop a well focused thesis - A good thesis narrows your topic to an idea that you can successfully develop within the framework of your essay.It should be well supported and properly be considered as a requirement of the essay as a whole.
- Create an outline - The outline aids in the process of writing, helps you organize your ideas, presents your material in a logical form, shows the relationship among ideas in your writing, and constructs an ordered overview of your writing which provides a framework for your paper.
- Summaries and Paraphrases - All papers begin with an introductory section.The opening paragraph should not barely present the thesis statement, but it should moreover help your audience in to going through the research paper.
- Refer to Sources - The concluding part of the paper represents a roll of source material.
- Make a draft - A rough draft of the entire research paper should be written before finalizing the project.This draft helps you figure out the mistakes he has made and the rectifications to be undertaken.
- Proofread your paper - Careless errors could ruin days of hard work, due to grammatical mistakes and other errors.You might have contradicted yourself in certain parts without even being aware of it and this could pull down what would otherwise have been a ‘First Class' paper.