- 1). Cut the fabric 80 inches long. The ends must be even and the corners must be square.
- 2). Open one end of the folded quilt binding and iron in 2 inches on that end. Refold the binding. This folded in edge will give the joint in the binding a finished look.
- 3). Wrap the quilt binding around the edge of the fabric, starting in the middle of one of the short ends. Pin the binding in place. Keep the fold in the binding even with the edge of the fabric so that the edges of the binding are even on each side of the fabric.
- 4). Miter the corners. When you reach the corner, keep the binding on the new edge open and close the binding along the old edge all the way to the new side. This will press the outside edge of the binding to the inside of the fold at the corner, making a 45-degree angle. Fold this angle down to that the fold bisects the corner. Pin the fold in place. Continue wrapping the binding along the new side.
- 5). Continue folding the binding around the fabric until you return to the starting point. Cut off any excess binding, leaving a 2-inch overlap. Place the end with the ironed-down edge on top of the other end.
- 6). Sew the binding in place by stitching close to the inside edge, ensuring you catch both sides of the binding as you sew. It is OK to go back and sew down any spots you missed.
- 7). Cut the ribbon into 10 pieces, each about 2 feet long. Cut the ends of the ribbon at an angle.
- 8). Sew the center of a piece of ribbon to the wrong side of each corner of the canopy.
- 9). Sew additional pieces of ribbon halfway between the corners on the short ends, 30 inches from the corner.
Sew two more pieces of ribbon on each of the long sides of the canopy, 27 inches from each corner.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us