- 1). Launch your text editor software and open a Web page document.
- 2). Type "<form></form>" tags and enter "<input type=" " name=" " />" between the form elements like so:
<input type=" " name=" " />
- 3). Enter "text" after the input "type" to display the form data as a text field. Type a term after "name" to identify the purpose of text field. To illustrate:
<input type="text" name="yourname" />
- 4). Repeat Step 2, but this time enter "password" as the type and name the entry:
<input type="password" name="login" />
This input creates a password field that hides the characters as the visitor types them in.
- 5). Create another input tag and enter "submit" as the input type to present the data as a submit button. Additionally, replace the name attribute with "value=" and enter "Submit" so that the button displays this text.
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
The submit button allows the user to send his form information to you.
- 6). Save your document.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us