- 1). Shake the baking soda onto the carpet. Pay close attention to known spots or high-traffic areas. Baking soda absorbs odors.
- 2). Allow the baking soda to remain on the carpet overnight. The longer you leave baking soda on the carpet, the better the deodorizing power, but don't overdo it: Twenty-four hours is sufficient. If your carpet still emits odors after a 24-hour sprinkling of baking soda, it might be time to consult a professional carpet cleaner.
- 3). The next day, shake fresh baking soda on prominent stains or highly odorous regions of the carpet, and fill a bucket with warm water. Dip the scrub brush in warm water, and scrub the offensive area(s) in a back and forth, vigorous manner. Start at the outside edge of the odor, and work with the scrub brush toward the center of the area. Use more water when necessary.
- 4). Use towels or paper towels to soak up the moisture from the carpet by pressing your hands on top of the towels over the wet carpet. Sprinkle a little more baking soda over the area, and allow to thoroughly dry.
- 5). Vacuum the baking soda from the carpet with your vacuum cleaner. You might find it necessary to empty the bag and replace it if you have sprinkled a lot of baking soda over a large amount of carpet.
- 6). Refresh your carpet and protect from future odors by applying baking soda once a week before your normal routine household vacuuming.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Decorating On a Dime Cheap Furniture
- Information on Growing Burning Bush
- The Great Benefits That We Can Get From Artificial Flowering Plants
- Add Spice To Your Backyard With Garden Fountains
- Benefits Of Making Use Of Wrought Iron And Wicker Outdoor Furniture
- How to Set a Howard Miller Aries 625-283 Wall Clock
- How to Design Aprons
- Workshop Organization Ideas
- What Will Freshen the Smell of a Microwave?
- How to Sanitize a Hot Tub
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us