- 1). Place a clean cloth onto a flat surface if the marker stain is on a piece of clothing. Lay the stained area of the clothing face down onto the cloth. If the marker stain is on fabric or upholstery that cannot be placed on a cloth, you will just work from the front of the stain.
- 2). Moisten a clean, white rag with rubbing alcohol. Blot the marker stain with the alcohol-soaked rag to thoroughly saturate the stain. Switch to clean portions of the rag as one part becomes filled with marker. Add more alcohol as necessary.
- 3). Let the alcohol sit on the stain for 30 minutes. Blot the stain with a clean rag until no more marker is lifting from the fabric.
- 4). Apply more alcohol, let it soak and then blot if the marker stain persists. Rinse the fabric with a rag and plain water once all of the marker is gone.
- 5). Launder the fabric as usual. If the item is not machine-washable, just blot with a wet rag to remove any traces of the alcohol and then blot with a dry rag to remove excess moisture.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Choosing A Speargun For Use In The UK
- "Where the Wild Things Are" Photo: James Gandolfini
- Learning Objectives for Second Grade English
- Spend Less Around The House With Small Changes,fabric
- What You Need To Know Before You Buy Playstation 3 Console
- How to Get the Best World of Warcraft Gear
- The 25 Raddest Slasher Movies of All Time
- Is caffeine good or bad for me?
- How to Identify the Transition Metals
- Lord Voldemort - "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us