- 1). Place a clean cloth onto a flat surface if the marker stain is on a piece of clothing. Lay the stained area of the clothing face down onto the cloth. If the marker stain is on fabric or upholstery that cannot be placed on a cloth, you will just work from the front of the stain.
- 2). Moisten a clean, white rag with rubbing alcohol. Blot the marker stain with the alcohol-soaked rag to thoroughly saturate the stain. Switch to clean portions of the rag as one part becomes filled with marker. Add more alcohol as necessary.
- 3). Let the alcohol sit on the stain for 30 minutes. Blot the stain with a clean rag until no more marker is lifting from the fabric.
- 4). Apply more alcohol, let it soak and then blot if the marker stain persists. Rinse the fabric with a rag and plain water once all of the marker is gone.
- 5). Launder the fabric as usual. If the item is not machine-washable, just blot with a wet rag to remove any traces of the alcohol and then blot with a dry rag to remove excess moisture.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Growing Hollyhocks From Seeds
- How To Figure Out Old- vs. New-Work Electric Boxes
- Cork Flooring Is The Best Option For Durability And Value
- How to Light Freshwater Plants
- How to Make a Hooked Fleece Rug
- The Different Kinds of Flooring for Different Places
- Buy Bar Chairs And Stools To Have A Modern Life Style
- 3 Ideas For Kitchen Island Design
- Living Room Sofas Galore At Online Store
- Guidance On How To Use Survival Knife in the Woods
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us