- 1). Peel the outer layers from the papyrus reeds. Slice the soft inner core into thin strips.
- 2). Place the strips of reed on a board. Beat them lightly with a rolling pin to flatten and break up the fibers. Finish by rolling the reed strips until they are as thin as possible.
- 3). Soak the strips of reed in a bowl of water for six days.
- 4). Place a vertical layer of soaked reed strips on a board. Once complete, overlap this with a horizontal layer of strips. Make sure the strips in each layer slightly overlap each other so they bond together properly.
- 5). Beat the woven strips with a rolling pin or mallet to further break down the fibers and bind the reeds together. Wrap the sheet of raw paper in a cloth, making sure to keep it flat. Place the papyrus in a press or under a stone slab or a heavy book with weights for six days.
- 6). Remove the papyrus from the cloth. For an authentic finish, polish with a flat stone or a smooth shell.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us