- 1). Open the portlet code that you wish to convert into a servlet by using your preferred code editing application or a plain text editor, such as TextEdit in OS X or Notepad in Microsoft Windows.
- 2). Locate the "processAction" and "render" sections of your portlet's code. These two methods are the primary differences between portlets and servlets, the latter of which doesn't need two methods to process data and instead does it in one call.
- 3). Replace the "processAction" and "render" methods in your portlet code and change them to the "service" method. Unlike processAction and render, the service method both requests an update for data and processes the data at the same time, where a portlet will perform the two actions separately in stages.
- 4). Remove any of your portlet's code that's specific to the "render" function because the render function isn't required when the service method is being used. Save the changes to your portlets code to complete converting it into a servlet.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us