- 1). Start with the mirror above your sink. It's best to work from the top down, and starting with an easy task like cleaning the mirror will help you ease into the task of cleaning the bathroom.
Spray some window cleaner on the mirror. Using a paper towel or newspaper, wipe away the cleaner until no streaks remain.
- 2). Move on to the sink. Remove all clutter from the sink; put away anything that doesn't belong there. Spray the sink liberally with all-purpose cleaner and scrub with a sponge. Rinse the sponge often. Make sure all cleaner is rinsed from the sink when you're done. Dry with a paper towel or allow the area to air-dry. Dust the toothbrush holder, water cups and other knick-knacks and place them back on the sink.
- 3). Clean the toilet. Remove anything sitting on top of the toilet tank or lid. Spray the toilet liberally with all-purpose cleaner. Don't forget the areas below the toilet bowl and under the seat. Using a new sponge, scrub the surface areas of the toilet. Rinse well.
Lift up the toilet seat and saturate the inside of the bowl with toilet bowl cleanser. Be sure to get some under the rim of the bowl. Use a toilet brush to scrub the inside of the bowl. Flush the toilet and rinse the brush in the fresh water.
- 4). Clean the tub and shower. Remove all shampoo bottles, soap, washcloths, caddies and anything else from the shower. Use all-purpose cleaner or shower cleaner on the walls and scrub with a new sponge. To clean the tub itself, use an abrasive scouring powder and some elbow grease. Rinse well.
- 5). Clean the floor. Remove rugs and send them through the washer and dryer. Empty the bathroom trash can. Sweep the floor, using a dustpan and broom to scoop up any dust and hair on the floor.
In a bucket, mix a solution of floor cleaner and very hot water. Dip the mop into the bucket and wring out excess water. Mop the floor; allow it to air dry. When the floor is dry, put the clean rugs back on the floor.
- 6). Spritz some air freshener into the room, and stand back and admire your clean, fresh bathroom.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us