- 1). Create ODBC Connection to you SQL database:
- Click System DSN tab in 32-Bit ODBC from START/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/.
- Click ADD then Select a driver for your target database (Oracle, etc).
- Provide a Data Source Name (your choice).
- Provide the Server Name of your SQL database.
- OK out of all screens until ODBC Connection is saved.
- 2). Get File System Data in a new MS Access database (.mdb)
- Click File/New to start a Blank Database in MS Access.
- Provide a name for the new database and click Create.
- Import the data file by choosing it via File/Get External Data/Import/
- Follow set up directions depending on type of file you imported.
Note: Result is the source data in a new MS Access table.
- 3). Export New MS Access table to SQL database:
- With MS Access table highlighted (but not open) goto File/Export.
- Select ODBC from Save as Type option.
- Choose name of new SQL database table.
- Click Machine Data tab of the popped-up Select Data Source
- Select named ODBC connection made in Step1.
- Logon to SQL database and verify new table is there.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us