- 1). Earn your degree as a registered nurse. There are many different RN programs across the U.S. you can attend to get your degree. To become a future nurse practitioner though, you want a four-year program that results in a bachelor of science in nursing degree
- 2). Obtain your RN license. After completing your degree, you can take the NCLEX-RN national licensing exam and submit an application to become licensed in the state you work. Even if you plan to continue on with your education immediately, you'll still need proof of current RN licensure when applying to your state for your nurse practitioner license.
- 3). Find a master's degree program in women's health. Nurse practitioners specializing in ob/gyn are required to have additional education in the form of a master's degree in women's health to become licensed and practice in their states. You can find master's degree programs with specialties in women's health by visiting the website of the National Association of Nurse Practitioner's in Women's Health.
- 4). Complete the specialty program. Most programs for nurse practitioners specializing in ob/gyn are approximately one year. During this time you become familiar with health problems and resolutions regarding women's health through reading, research, classroom discussion and clinicals.
- 5). Apply for your nurse practitioner license. Once you've completed your specialty program, you can apply with the licensing board in your state for a nurse practitioner license. This requires completing an application, paying a licensing fee and submitting transcripts from your specialty program.
- 6). Seek professional certification. Although not required, many nurse practitioners seek certification from professional organizations such as the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or the National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties. To get certified, you need to submit an application for membership and pass a certification exam.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Data Structures Assignment Help services for students
- How to Find The Right School for Your Child
- Alcatraz Island
- Find it! - Finden Sie es!
- A Proposal For The Calculation Of Wear
- Customer Care Training Courses
- Know Thy Enemy: A Guide to Successful AP English Literature Test Preparation
- Mother's Day Writing Activities for Kindergarten Students
- Colleges Near Westland, Michigan
- How to Teach Grammar to Adults
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us