- 1). Place the sour towels in the washing machine. Set the water temperature to the hottest water that the towels can withstand. Read the care label on the towels to determine the recommended temperature setting.
- 2). Pour 2 cups of white distilled vinegar into the washing machine during the rinse cycle. Allow the laundry machine to complete its cycle.
- 3). Launder the towels again with the hottest water possible. Add 1 cup of baking soda or washing soda to the laundry machine to help deodorize the towels. Add your preferred laundry detergent and launder them for another cycle.
- 4). Remove the towels from the washing machine immediately. Place them into the dryer. You can also hang the towels outside to dry in the sun.
- 5). Remove the towels from the dryer. If the towels remain damp, place them in the dryer and allow them to finish drying.
- 6). Treat the towels with the same odor removal process if you still notice a foul odor. If you have difficulty removing the smell, take the towels to the dry cleaners because they have specialized formulas to remove odors from laundry.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us