- 1). Notify your local police office immediately after noticing fraudulent activity in your banking account history.
- 2). Visit your bank to notify them of the incident. The bank will put a notation on the account stating such activity. It would be in your best interest to close that particular account and open a new one.
- 3). Contact all the credit reporting agencies--Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian--to verify that none of your other personal information has been compromised. These agencies do not charge consumers for obtaining a free copy of their credit report if they suspect they have fallen victim to identity theft.
- 4). Protect yourself from this happening in the future by adding security codes and passwords to all of your accounts. These passwords should never be kept on you but in a safe place at home.
- 5). Verify your bank statements as soon as you receive them. Most banks offer online banking so you can view your statements online.
- 6). Establish a rapport with your bank and become familiar with the associates at a local office and use that particular location regularly.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us