- 1). Wipe off the watch to remove any dirt or debris. Place the watch face down on a soft surface to protect the watch face while working.
- 2). Look at the back of the watch. Several small slots indicate a screw-back case, which requires a standard screwdriver or a case-back wrench, available at most watch repair stores, to open. A smooth case back with an indent on the side is a snap-back case and will require a small standard screwdriver to open.
- 3). Set the small metal tips on the back of a case back wrench into the small slots on a screw-back case and turn clockwise to open.
- 4). Set the flat blade of a small standard screwdriver into the indent on the side of the watch for a snap-back case and gently lift to open the case back.
- 5). Purchase a new battery using the old battery for a guide. New watch batteries can be purchased at many watch repair stores, home repair stores, hardware stores or drugstores.
- 6). Put the new battery in the watch.
- 7). Set the case back on the watch and align the indent for a snap back or the slots for a screw back. Use the case-back wrench to close the screw back, and simply press the case back on a snap back to close the watch.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time