- 1). Place the catch pan underneath the front of the Eldorado and position yourself underneath the car.
- 2). Center the catch pan directly underneath the radiator drain plug, known as a petcock.
- 3). Slip a portion of the rag over the jaws of the pliers, grab the petcock with the pliers and turn it counter-clockwise until coolant begins to drain out of the radiator.
- 4). Climb out from under the car and use the socket set to loosen the hose clamp on the upper radiator hose, at the radiator. Once the clamp is loose, pull the hose off the radiator. This allows air to enter the radiator, which lets the coolant drain out faster.
- 5). Position yourself back under the car and remove the lower radiator hose from the radiator in the same manner you have removed the upper hose. Let the coolant from the hose drain into the catch pan.
- 6). When done, close the petcock with the pliers, reinstall the radiator hoses and refill the radiator with an equal mixture of Dexcool coolant and distilled water. After you finish filling the system, run the engine for a few minutes with the heater turned on, to clear any air pockets from the system. Top the coolant again when done.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time