- 1). Remove the andirons from the fireplace and take them outside.
- 2). Scrub the andirons with a wire brush to remove soot and resin.
- 3). Apply a small amount of metal polish to a steel wool pad. Rub the andirons with the steel wool pad, using moderate pressure to remove rust. Add more polish or switch the steel wool as needed to remove all of the rust.
- 4). Scrub any small details with an old toothbrush dipped in metal polish to remove rust.
- 5). Wipe off any excess polish with a soft towel.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us